- Share on Facebook
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
As I previously wrote to you last week, Senate Bill 409, which legalizes Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) for on-site renewable and alternative energy generation will hopefully be on the Senate EIM agenda this upcoming week.
We have a simple ask of you: call or email the committee members of Senate Industry and Mining and ask them to vote YES.
Four of SB409’s co-sponsors are on this committee: Sens. Bill Hamilton, R-Upshur; Richard Lindsay, D-Kanawha; Chairman Randy Smith, R-Tucker; and Vice-Chair Dave Sypolt, R-Preston.
You can either click here to send an automated message to your representatives; OR you can call or email your own words. Good points to highlight:
- Creates good-paying JOBS!
- Access to low cost energy
- Schools, nonprofits, municipalities, churches, hospitals, business owners and more can benefit
- Expands economic development
- Prevents ratepayers against utility hikes,
- Federal tax credit is sunsetting– there is no better time to go solar!
You can find the contact information for committee members here, just click on the names!