Thank you for your interest in attending our 2024 Environmental Day at the West Virginia State Capitol on Tuesday, February 13, from 9 am – 2 pm.
If your group is interested in having a table at E-Day or you would like to attend, please register here. Participation is free. E-Day is an excellent opportunity for environmental groups to network and feature their work, meet with legislators, and help promote WVEC’s legislative priorities.
Here is some important information for those planning to attend:
- Directions: The West Virginia State Capitol Complex is located in Charleston, WV. If traveling on the Interstate, take Exit 99 (the Greenbrier Street, State Capitol exit) on I-77/64, one mile east of where I-64 and 77 join together in Charleston. For more detailed directions and logistical information, see The Citizen’s Guide to the Legislature
- Parking: Several parking options are available near the Capitol building, including street parking and a public parking lot located two blocks from the Capitol Complex at Laidley Field (Lots 7A and 7B), located on the stadium side of Elizabeth Street. Be sure to park in the smaller lots closer to the stadium, which offer free parking. The bigger lot across the street is paid parking and you’ll get a ticket. Laidley Field is within walking distance, but a free shuttle service is provided between the lot and the Capitol Complex. Please note the shuttle typically does not operate between 9:30 am-11:30 am and between 1:45 pm-3:00 pm. The shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes. You can also request a shuttle at any time during the day by calling (304) 558-0248.
- For More Logistical Information: We recommend checking out the WV State Capitol Police visitor information.
- Entrance: Visitors may enter at either of the Directed Public Access Points midway through the East and West wings. Both entrances are wheelchair accessible. Visitors will need to pass through security screening before entering the building. E-day will be held in the hallway on the House of Delegates side and the Upper Rotunda (Second Floor). Our lobby team will be on hand to help you find your way around the Capitol.
- Capitol Map: Please see Capitol Complex maps below identifying the locations where E-Day will take place.
- Contacting Legislators: Be sure to set up meetings with your legislators in advance of E-Day. House and Senate Committee contact information is on our website. You can also download the 2024 WV Legislature Membership Directory and the West Virginia Legislature 2024 Information Packet to learn more about your representatives and their committees. Need help finding your representatives? Find your WV state legislators by entering your address here.
Register for E-day today!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at WVECevents@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you at the event!