- Share on Facebook
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Please plan to set up between 8:30AM and 9:30 AM. Tables, chairs, and easels provided in the upper rotunda outside the House and Senate chambers (lower rotunda is closed for repairs). We will also have PA systems and podiums, one for the House wing and one for the Senate.
- 8:30-9:30 AM: check in and set up
- 9:30-11:30 AM: greet visitors to your table, citizen lobbying
- 11:00-12:00 Noon: inspiring speakers, music, more
- 12:00-2:00 PM: lunch, mingling with visitors, citizen lobbying
- 5:30-9:00 PM: Green Jam fundraiser at the Empty Glass pub, only 2 blocks from the Capitol. Food and music! $10 suggested donation. Musicians include Delegate Mike Pushkin, Andy Park and Karen Allen, That High County Rival and Chet Lowther
Please register your environmental or allied social justice organizations by February 4, 2019 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Name of your organization;
- Contact person who will be attending;
- Contact information (email address, phone number)
- Would you like to be considered for list of speakers (11AM – Noon)?
- Any other information that you think would help us better prepare for your organization’s tabling event on E-day!:
Help us remind legislators that we are here to lobby for the people in West Virginia who want to breathe clean air and drink clean water – see you on February 7!
Questions? Call Frank at (304) 532-2439 or Karan at (304) 356-8774.
2 CommentsAdd a Comment
I do not represent an organization, but I certainly care about clean water in West Virginia. Is there anything I can do on this day to help?
Yes, Susan Kelley. Come and help lobby legislators on the issues- and maybe help WV E-Council host a table display. The issues of most current interest to our lobbyists are listed in this Legislative Update. But those issues change almost daily. So that list will be updated here (www.wvecouncil.org) this coming Friday evening- Feb. 1st. And there will be a 1 page handout of immediate issues for lobbying at the WV Environmental Council table on E-day at the Capitol. Parking there is at a premium. But there is free parking at Laidley Field on Elizabeth Street near the Interstate (3 blocks from the Capitol). And there is free shuttle bus service from there to the door of the Capitol building. Also FYI, there is a restaurant in the basement of the Capitol.